These resources provide guidance and advice on how to carry out your role as a PAT effectively. By the time you have completed all the sections you should be able to:
- Describe the PAT roles and responsibilities;
- Reflect on the best advice for students;
- Provide appropriate signposting to other services.
It will support you to:
- Fulfil your responsibility as a PAT;
- Develop your skills as a PAT through reflection and further practice.
There is no prescribed route through these resources. They are intended to be generic and flexible to allow you to refer to them as and when required. They include a number of reflective tasks and skills based resources to help you in your role as a Personal Academic Tutor. A number of scenarios have been included along with audio responses from current University PATs on how these scenarios were handled.
Enhancing learning and teaching
Personal Academic Tutor (PAT) support signpost