Careers and Employability Centre
Careers and Employability Centre – Helping students look up, look forward and be in the know.
Over the course of our lives we will make frequent career decisions. Our careers, alongside many other areas of our lives, are subject to constant change and the influences of unplanned events. Iain Eisner and Helen Anton from the Careers team encourage students not to see career decisions as ‘problems to be solved’ but as amazing opportunities to look creatively at possibilities and take action to change things.
Accessing support from the Careers team is easy and can be done through the online FutureMe service.
FutureMe allows users to:
- Book one to one career advice and coaching appointments with Iain and Helen,) via email, telephone or videoconference. (Face to face meetings can also take place depending on location and availability)
- Upload CV’s & application forms for personalised feedback
- Book a mock interview
- Submit a careers related question online
- Search and book on to career development events and workshops
- Access the Jobshop to search a range of local, national and international opportunities
In addition, a full suite of career development resources are available through our website providing information and advice on various topics such as:
- Managing your career
- Options with your qualification
- Job searching
- CVs and applications
In your role as a PAT if you find yourself in a conversation where you think a referral to the Careers team would be helpful please feel free to contact Iain or Helen for an initial discussion.
Iain Eisner firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Anton email@example.com
“I received advice on how to approach my interview, the sort of questions that I am likely to face, and how to prepare and structure answers. Helen was very helpful and, following our meeting, I feel more confident about interviewing.”
“Iain was very thorough and went through every aspect of my CV with me. He gave me very constructive advice, which I followed, to improve my CV and bring it up to date. Iain was very thoughtful in how he presented ideas and gave me great advice which I plan to follow. I am very grateful the service is there.”
“A brilliant response… helpful, informative, understanding and friendly.”
Click on the card below to turn it over for the Gaelic version.